In the Casting & Talent Management Concentration, students follow a course sequence that specifically covers casting for film, television, and digital media; talent management and promotion; contracts, unions, and intellectual property; casting for theater & musical theater; and the art of negotiation. In the final semester of the program, students will participate in an industry symposium with casting directors, agents, and managers.
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of creative collaboration, marketing savvy and entrepreneurial vision with a creative portfolio of original digital content and business plans.
- Gain a working knowledge of the growing number of fields impacting entrepreneurs today including business, law, accounting, marketing, finance, project management and social media.
- Explore a deeper study in the field of Casting and Talent Management targeting the dynamic changes effecting this industry and the opportunities this creates for artists and entrepreneurs with the ability to collaborate and innovate.
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Arts in Entrepreneurship program will have the opportunity to produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- BUSINESS PLANS
- MARKETING STRATEGIES
- ELEVATOR PITCHES
- CASE STUDIES
- COLLABORATIVE DIGITAL CONTENT
- INVESTOR’S DECKS
- STRATEGIC PLANS
A degree in Entrepreneurship with a concentration in Casting and Talent Management prepares you to make the most of a paradigm shift within the industry. With the rise of social media, the entertainment industry is more personality-driven than ever. Major celebrities can emerge from anywhere, creating new audiences and new opportunities for Casting and Talent Management professionals to discover talent, guide personal branding strategy and shape creative content. This degree is a path to a career as an Entertainment Entrepreneur, Talent Agent, Casting Director, Public Relations Representative or Personal Manager.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.