The Film + Digital Content program at Studio School features an exclusive business, entrepreneurship and a general education core created in collaboration with Hollywood studio executives and industry experts with a holistic approach to film production, entrepreneurship and original content creation. Our students are immersed in screenwriting, directing, sound design, cinematography, producing, pre-production, and post-production through an intensive series of collaborative and mentored projects designed to facilitate compelling, professional digital content.
In the Sound Design concentration, students study the technology, techniques and aesthetics used to craft music and sound in film, television, online applications and interactive gaming. While the same aesthetic principles apply in all mediums, success in sound design requires specialized, industry specific knowledge in order to advance. Sound Design students will also work alongside the other disciplines in Collaboration Lab, to give them a holistic understanding of the entire production process.
Studio School offers numerous online platforms through our movie studio partnership for selected digital content created by our Directing majors to have their work featured to a large global audience as well as exclusive studio internships only available to Studio School students.
Music deals with time and timing. It’s so magical, but when you get into it, every little sound and every little space between the sounds, it’s critical, so critical. —David Lynch
Students Who Complete This Program...
- Are powerfully prepared pursue a professional career in film, television and digital media production as an entrepreneur with artistic sensitivity, creativity, and integrity.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of visual storytelling, structure, technology and professional film production skills with a creative portfolio of original digital content.
- Master the command of the various team functions and roles in film, television and commercial production with professional best practices.
- Explore a deeper study in Directing that includes style, aesthetics, working with actors, set etiquette, script development and project management skills.
All degree candidates who complete the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film & Digital Content program with a concentration in Sound Design will produce a series of original projects designed to build a creative digital portfolio of professionally produced content including:
- FIVE MINUTE SYNC SOUND FILM
- BRANDED DIGITAL CONTENT
- 2 FEATURE LENGTH SCREENPLAYS REEL
- ORIGINAL WEB SERIES
- EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILMS
- PRODUCTION DESIGN PROJECT
- SOUND RECORDING AND DESIGN REEL
- FIFTEEN MINUTE NARRATIVE SHORT FILM » ADVANCED NARRATIVE SHORT FILM
- ADVANCED SOUND DESIGN CAPSTONE PROJECT
- DOCUMENTARY SHORT FEATURES
- VIDEO EFFECTS AND MOTION GRAPHICS
With a degree in Sound Design you will be prepared to craft sound as a storytelling tool on documentaries, commercials, feature films, online applications and interactive games. Not only will you be able to record sound on location, you will also be proficient in designing and mixing sound in post-production. A degree in sound design prepares graduates to work on set as a Location Sound Engineer, a Boom Operator and Sound Utility. They are also prepared to record and playback music and other live elements. In postproduction, graduates can work as Sound Designers crafting audio landscapes for motions pictures, Audio Mixers, Additional Dialogue Recorders and Foley Artists where they create and record sound effects.
You can also view our GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT page for more career information on jobs and possible careers that relate to this program.